Practice Areas

Clearwater, Florida Bankruptcy Attorney

Many life events may cause you to get behind on your bills: the loss of a job, a medical emergency, or any other major unexpected expense. Bankruptcy is designed to help you get out from under the burden of debt when your bills have surpassed your financial means. If you are struggling financially, you shouldn't continue to let your finances cause you undue stress. Christopher F. Ikerd will help you file for bankruptcy, so you can get your debts discharged and in many cases hold onto some of your assets.

Clearwater, Florida Collection Defense Attorney

When you have debts, it's understood that you will pay them. However, there are instances in which creditors have no right to seek repayment from you, even if the debt was originally valid. If an old bill was never received for a utility or credit card, for instance, the company has only a specific amount of time to collect. Frequently, however, company's sell their debts to credit collection agencies who ignore the statues of limitations, and attempt to collect anyway. If you are being harassed by a debt collector for a debt that is not yours, or a debt that has already reached its expiration, you do not have to endure the onslaught of collection attempts or pay the debt. Christopher F. Ikerd provides debt collection defense that will protect you from further collection attempts.

Clearwater, Florida Garnishment Defense Attorney

When you owe money to a creditor, it is within that creditor's right to sue you for back-payments or for the full amount of your debt. If the court issues a judgment to your creditor, that creditor may be able to ask that your wages be garnished. In the case of a garnishment, the company for which you work will receive an order from the court that orders them to deduct money directly from your paycheck until the debt is paid in full. If your wages are being garnished to a point of financial duress, you need a garnishment defense attorney who can help stop the automatic deductions of your wages from your paycheck and work out an agreement with your creditor.